Ikimono World
Welcome to Ikimono World! A one-stop fan site for all Ikimono Gakari Lovers.

Please login to access all forum functionality, else register Here for FREE.

Any opinions with the local music scene in your country?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Any opinions with the local music scene in your country?

Post by masterjz on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:59 pm

(btw I'm an Asian living in Hawaii)

so whats you're ethnicity then?

yeah i agree with you man, recently i just realized that jmusic is much better than other music which all they talked about is sex, clubbing, crime..etc.

though i still love other genres and of course my local music...im just enjoying listening to jmusic right now...they are genius when it comes to musical arrangement and the whole musicality itself.

Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 4386

Back to top Go down

Post by Koda on Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:54 am

weeeelll personally I find Canadian music drippy, sappy and boring. "My girlfriend left me!" or "I miss you! I'm dying without you!" or "My dog died!" uggghhh. sooo we just import music from America and it is slowly taking over. seriously. if I hear one more song about dancing in clubs at night or how much money someone has, I'll start throwing rocks at people -----________________-.
Koda
Street Performer
Street Performer

Male
Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by warlock1291 on Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:36 am

hmmmm....music in my country, Indonesia is good at all, i guess

slow pop and slow rock genre is dominating in Indonesia.....
like D'Massiv, Peterpan, Afgan, Ungu, Kerispatih, and so on

but 1-2 years last, Indonesian music has some unique songs and even ridiculous songs....and those songs has so many many fans....include me...!
they are; Kuburan Band, Mbah Surip Razz, The Changcuters....^^;
warlock1291
Street Performer
Street Performer

Male
Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by ngibul123 on Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:32 pm

actually i don't really like music in my country. like msterjz said, jpop seems still the best since their great arrangement and musicality, and also the lyrics. jpop lyrics are so deep, meaningful. but, i still respect to my local music for the effort of creating songs...
ngibul123
Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist

Male
Number of posts : 599

http://ngibul123@wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by violet_ingrid on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:09 pm

ngibul123 wrote:actually i don't really like music in my country. like msterjz said, jpop seems still the best since their great arrangement and musicality, and also the lyrics. jpop lyrics are so deep, meaningful. but, i still respect to my local music for the effort of creating songs...

Me too...I can see a huge gap between japan music and local music in terms of many aspects....i`m not a musician, but I, perhaps, we can see the difference between the high quality and low quality songs....a good music arrangement blend together with a good lyrics will produce a high quality songs...on top of that, the way the singer presented the song are also important.....

I started to love Japanese music when our local singer tend to sing more love songs....even the religious songs (nasyid) are also more toward human to human love (more specific, a love between man & woman)....come on, religious songs are all about the only one God...and now I rarely listen to local music...

One more thing, there are PLENTY of reality shows in my country and yet they still produce a so-so singers....The winner will continue his/her music journey in showbiz, the others just gone with the wind...sometimes, the voters voted the wrong person...they voted the singer based on their look.....as long as the singer is handsome or cute, the voter don`t mind spending their credit to vote for their fav singer....good looking will lead singer to NO where, we`re looking for TALENTED singer...so,what`s the point of being a singer if u can`t sing....huh (kinda emotional, because I really disappointed with my local music)

But, I still respect the veteran singer...They still can produce a good songs and maintain their popularity....hehehe....Because they are the real musician and they know how to "capture" their fans.....=)

Indeed, I still hope my local music will reach the same level as japan music in the future...heeee.... we`ll just wait and see =)

Ikimono gakari FTW~!!!
violet_ingrid
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 1163

Back to top Go down

Post by ngibul123 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:25 am

^^ yeah, we'll see that...

btw, where do u come from?
ngibul123
Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mickrobit on Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:48 am

well...
in mexico there are some good music, but is cause to know the good genres

someone knows ximena sariñana??
mickrobit
Indie Artist
Indie Artist

Male
Number of posts : 299

Back to top Go down

Post by moumines on Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:34 am

in France most of the good songs -for me- are old songs ! (not too old !!) there are the best.
but now i don't know since i'm much into J-Music.
but now i'm listening Coeur de Pirate. I just love her songs, there are so cute and she sings in french. but i'm not sure but she's from canada. not relally sure.
moumines
Indie Artist
Indie Artist

Female
Number of posts : 248

Back to top Go down

Post by hardian46 on Mon May 03, 2010 9:45 am

indonesian music was booming in recent years.. there are many bands and singers arise.. so booming, until it is not left space for music from other countries bloom here.. the selling number of foreign cd & cassette was largely decreased here..

everyday, local television shows music program, including their chart.. uniquely, unlike oricon chart which based their calculation on sale of album/single on cd, casette, or via online selling.. here, the chart is based on the using of ring-backtone.. is it popular in your country too?

speaking about the new bands, unfortunately, some of them are not being supported with adequate skill of singing or play music.. so it's not weird if you hear or watching indonesian music tv program, you just found the crap lypsinc bands on on glass screen..
hardian46
Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist

Male
Number of posts : 444

Back to top Go down

Post by masterjz on Mon May 03, 2010 10:00 am

We have the nationwide music chart which is solely based on sales gross. But when it comes to music countdown on tv shows, it's based on vote texting which is a very manipulative process of putting your idol on the top.

Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hardian46 on Mon May 03, 2010 10:11 am

masterjz wrote:We have the nationwide music chart which is solely based on sales gross. But when it comes to music countdown on tv shows, it's based on vote texting which is a very manipulative process of putting your idol on the top.

is it like pooling by texting? yeah, that can provide a big hole for making a manipulation..

say, you can mobilize peoples to send text for increasing your popularity..

btw, for my question before.. are ring-backtone popular too in Phillipines..
hardian46
Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist

Male
Number of posts : 444

Back to top Go down

Post by masterjz on Mon May 03, 2010 10:34 am

are ring-backtone popular too in Phillipines..

yep we based it too on the number of ringback downloads...If I'm only that rich I'm gonna spend millions just to put Ikimono Gakari on our music countdown both on radio and tv. hehe Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ngibul123 on Fri May 07, 2010 1:46 pm

hardian46 wrote:indonesian music was booming in recent years.. there are many bands and singers arise.. so booming, until it is not left space for music from other countries bloom here.. the selling number of foreign cd & cassette was largely decreased here..

everyday, local television shows music program, including their chart.. uniquely, unlike oricon chart which based their calculation on sale of album/single on cd, casette, or via online selling.. here, the chart is based on the using of ring-backtone.. is it popular in your country too?

speaking about the new bands, unfortunately, some of them are not being supported with adequate skill of singing or play music.. so it's not weird if you hear or watching indonesian music tv program, you just found the crap lypsinc bands on on glass screen..

agree with you hardian

many bands in our country who are not supported with adequate skill in musicality. they seems just do for commercial only without idealism.

i hate lipsync too!!
it give us a common sense that "being a big artist is very easy... only with some money, you can be a superstar...."

nice to know that there are people who concerned about our music scene, like you...
ngibul123
Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by masterjz on Fri May 07, 2010 2:03 pm

it's rare for me to hear a band doin' a lip sync...in my country only those who really can't sing do the lipsync like actors/actresses, hosts, models...etc. But if they were really singers or bands, we do it live here or else their albums won't sell...haha. I mean c'mon why would you support a band or singer who does not know how to sing live and make fools of their audience...right? Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ngibul123 on Fri May 07, 2010 2:23 pm

right...but the fact is, not all indonesian think like us. they just need and entertainment, they don't care lipsync or not. as long as it has catchy melody in they ears, they will hear it. even with awkward lyrics, and music.
ngibul123
Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by nabilanami on Sat May 08, 2010 6:11 pm

ngibul123 wrote:
hardian46 wrote:indonesian music was booming in recent years.. there are many bands and singers arise.. so booming, until it is not left space for music from other countries bloom here.. the selling number of foreign cd & cassette was largely decreased here..

agree with you hardian

many bands in our country who are not supported with adequate skill in musicality. they seems just do for commercial only without idealism.

i hate lipsync too!!
it give us a common sense that "being a big artist is very easy... only with some money, you can be a superstar...."

nice to know that there are people who concerned about our music scene, like you...

Yeahh.. I agree with ngibul123 and hardian46
some bands in our country haven't skill in musicallly.

and there are bands that the songs, perfomances, and perhaps all of them imitating the Japanese bands. I hate band like that! Evil or Very Mad I hope they're not imitate Ikimono-gakari Very Happy Laughing

nabilanami
Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist

Female
Number of posts : 535

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuroi tenshi on Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:36 am

Well I am a Mexican living in the US but I won't talk about about US music since they're famous everywhere. I will list latino or songs in spanish 

Sin bandera is guy duet but they separated Sad one is Mexican and the other is from Argentina.  they composed most of their music and trust me beautiful music. If u like iki you'll love them. (Recommend 100%) 

Fanny lu is  female Colombian singer. No te pido Flores is a really good song (recommend)

Juanes Colombian male singer. Good composer and good music

La oreja de van goh is a Spanish band. They replaced the vocalist and I dkw why. Recommended also. Jueves is a song done in honor of a terrorist attack in Spain, I think but beautiful song (not latín)

Yuridia is a Mexican singer that has beautiful voice. She came out from La academia (mexico's American idol) trust me she is one of the few best young latin female singers from this generation worth listening to. 

Camila is a Mexican guy band with talented composers. Recommend 

Daddy Yankee is reggeton singer. I don't like reggeton but this puerto rican's music is good.

Duelo
Intocable
Alejandro Fernández
Thalía 
Shakira (im talking about her songs in spanish)
Mana
Yahir
Selena (she is remembered as the queen of tex-mex or tejano music. She was murdered by her representative who is still serving her sentence) famous song: como la flor)
Enrique iglesias
Belinda

Theres more but thats all i can think of right now that are good

If u want to know more i'll be glad to post some more 

Kuroi tenshi
International Artist
International Artist

Female
Number of posts : 864

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuroi tenshi on Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:40 am

Ummm i have not listened to the local station for like two or three yrs so im not updated
Kuroi tenshi
International Artist
International Artist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by masterjz on Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:25 am

I only know 5 of what you've mentioned....yeah same like yours...I haven't listened to a local radio station for years now...it's all Ipod and Internet. I'm not really that updated anymore with local and international music scene like I was before.

Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mickrobit on Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:56 am

many than kuroi mentioned are more famous outside mexico...!!!
like in this times RBD... in USA and Southamerica hitted more than their natal country! Their debut drama (rebelde) was broadcasted outside mexico, but i didn't like the TV show
mickrobit
Indie Artist
Indie Artist

Male
Number of posts : 299

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuroi tenshi on Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:31 am

Me neither. RBD's members don't sing or act good. They made a big fuss over that band. Thank god they r not together any more.
Kuroi tenshi
International Artist
International Artist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by violet_ingrid on Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:22 pm

masterjz wrote:I only know 5 of what you've mentioned....yeah same like yours...I haven't listened to a local radio station for years now...it's all Ipod and Internet. I'm not really that updated anymore with local and international music scene like I was before.

heheh...Me too masterjz....It`s been quite looooong time I haven`t listen to my local radio station...It`s not about the station, but the songs they play....The title is kinda weird, and when I listen to the song, I almost dont understand what the singer trying to deliver....I didn`t get the message....It`s better for me to listen to our local evergreen song rather than listen to up-2-date song in my country... ;p

Ikimono gakari FTW~!!!
violet_ingrid
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 1163

Back to top Go down

Post by ngibul123 on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:29 am

love this local singer....

ngibul123
Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bananafish on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:17 am

sounds kind of folk, doesn't it?
bananafish
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 980

Back to top Go down

Post by ngibul123 on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:34 am

yeah, actually she's a pop singer, but this song was a project for a movie soundtrack
ngibul123
Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top