Ikimono World
Welcome to Ikimono World! A one-stop fan site for all Ikimono Gakari Lovers.

Please login to access all forum functionality, else register Here for FREE.

Some thoughts and speculation....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Some thoughts and speculation....

Post by merc4hire.chris on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:47 pm

Ok, I've noticed a bit of a trend if you can call it that with Ikimono Gakari's past three albums. This may be painfully obvious, so bear with me....

The first album was released after five singles were released.
The second album was released after three albums were released.
The third album was released after four singles were released.

So yeah, at the moment, we know of three singles (Hotaru no Hikari, Futari, and Yell/Joyful). That can actually be interpreted as four singles given that Yell/Joyful is a double A-side. That's just at about the right amount at which they release a new album.

And this, taken into account with the fact that they've been releasing albums at just about year long intervals, and their last album was released just about a year ago, I think we can safely predict that their next album will be released before the end of this year, or at the very latest, at the beginning of the new year.

I honestly think that they will squeeze in another single after "Yell/Joyful", because there's a three month gap before the end of the year, and they seem to be releasing new singles at a rate which would allow them to fit in one more. This is just speculation on my part though.

In any case, I thought I might share some of my observations... take it with a grain of salt, because it's all speculation, but I think we'll be seeing an album by the end of this year, if not just a bit later.

After this however, I really wonder what will happen to them. It is possible that they could take a break for a while after this album, considering how hard they worked this year... I'm not sure what the trend is with Japanese artists.

One last thing.... I think it's a bit unusual how they seem to be lacking B-sides in their new singles... Futari didn't have one, and Yell/Joyful is a double A-side. Not sure what this means, just thought it was unusual.

merc4hire.chris
Street Performer
Street Performer

Male
Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Re: Some thoughts and speculation....

Post by masterjz on Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:08 am

^ that is actually very common for the music industry in japan...they release singles and after wards create a full length album...knowing ikimono gakari as a very popular and hardworking band, it is very obvious that they release singles month after month...and expect their 4th album by the end of this year or the first quarter of 2010...Very Happy

they might have a break for while and which they deserve..but hopefully this will not result to a permanent disband and make their own careers...Sad

regardless of our speculations...im still thankful that this band was formed, bringing excellent music to our lives...and giving us inspiration, motivations, and last but not the least admiration (for kiyoe-chan...hehehe)

Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 4386

Back to top Go down

Post by kieru yume on Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:16 pm

well maybe your prediction will be correct.it's not occur only with ikimonogakari,but with other singer as well but i agree with you.

it is indeed that this whole year ikimonogakari has been very productive,we can see it from the amount of single they have released in this past 9 months,so i think it will be just fine if they decide to take a break for a while after they release their new album soon after they release YELL. well even a well named band such as L'Arc~en~Ciel also take a break after they released several single,don't they? i think taking a break is also important so that they can produce better song. of course we don't want them to continuously release new song but the quality is reducing,do we? Smile
kieru yume
Indie Artist
Indie Artist

Male
Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by masterjz on Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:34 pm

^ yeah you got it all correct

Admin
Admin

Male